About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Follies

Good morning, Bloggers.

I am notoriously silly.
Yes I said it.  I am a practical joker who laughs loud and just loves to have fun...childish fun.  Like throwing water balloons...prank calling family and friends...sending out not so politically correct jokes.  What's funny is folks who know the "work" me would say "Not Newy!  She is so by the book". 
It is because I have to be so  serious at work that I am a big ass kid at home.  I'm a Wii junkie...yep, I will Micheal-Jackson-golf-bowling-monopoly you to death lol.  So there the secret is out.  I live for the weekends so I can be foolish...if only for a little while.


Happy Friday!!!!!

2 comments:

LakiSwirl said...

I'm the same way! I'm professional to a FAULT at work. I feel like I have to be. Not only because of the type of work that I do, but being the only woman---the only black woman---in an office of older white men, I feel like I have to always be what I am so as not to "play into" any stereotypes or expectations they may have of me. I can't wait to get home and I live for the weekends because I can finally exhale. And I spend my time watching cartoons and cracking jokes to make up for those five days I've been holding it all in lol

Newy said...

Exactly!!! I am one of a handful of black women in my field. I have to be on top of my game ALL the time at work. All "I"s dotted, all "T"s crossed. I can't afford to be caught slipping. I work hard so I can play harder when I am home. LOL