About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wind Down Wednesday 2019

Hey Family!!!  Boy have I missed you....Well a bunch has changed since I was last here.
Let's see...



So the "baby" turned 23 last year and I took him on a cruise to Cozumel in August.  Actually, there were 18 of us that went on the cruise and we had a BALL!!!!  We started the party in New Orleans that Saturday.  Partied until Monday when our cruise pulled off and let's just say it was a trip none of us will soon forget.  We celebrated a bunch of milestones:  Survival, Anniversaries, Birthdays and of course  Divorces ...LMAO 


When I returned from the cruise, I realized that I wasn't happy with Atlanta anymore....So I decided to move back to where I was happiest.  I packed and in 6 weeks...I was gone.  Yep I moved back to Maryland.  I post this on that Sunday night before I moved on Tuesday:

The one thing that is constant is change....
I moved to Atlanta the first time February, 1996. I moved here knowing one person and I was fresh out of the Navy with a 6 year old and a 6 month old. All I knew was that I had to make it for them. I have had some ups and downs in those 23 years, but Atlanta will always hold a special place in my heart. I had a bunch of milestones here:
I developed a personal relationship with Christ
I was baptized 
I went to college and got 2 degrees
I built my first house
I got married
My sons finished school
I got my first corporate job
I got divorced 😞
I lost my mother 😞
I wrote my first play 👩‍🎨
I fell back into acting, writing and directing
I found the career that I love.
I left in 2014 when I was promoted. I moved away until 2016. These last few years have been rough. I came back to Atlanta and regrouped. But it is not the Atlanta I fell in love with in 1996. Sometimes we come back to the place that last felt comfortable when life gets hard. Uncomfortable is good. It means growth. A few friends and relatives have passed unexpectedly the past 7 years. I know that 7 is the number for completion. My time in Atlanta is complete. This is my last weekend in Atlanta. But I’ll see you again.
UPDATE TO ADD:
Some of you have asked why I focused on the last seven years. Seven years ago October 28, 2011 my mother passed away from terminal cancer. My life as I knew it changed. I changed. I had to get to know the me I became. And now I have. I was who I was, I am who I am, and I am cool with both of them. 😘

I moved back to Maryland and I am dating a fabulous guy. 
 My heart is full.  My sons still live in Atlanta and so does my sister.  Life is good.  


2 comments:

LakiSwirl said...

Oh, it must be nice to be back in the DMV!! I took that place for granted, but I see now that place was more me than I realized. I will be back! And I'm so glad you're blogging again!!

Newy said...

I can't wait until you come back. I am glad you are blogging too. I have missed this. It is more therapeutic than I realized.