About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Throwback Thursday

Good morning, Bloggers...

Today, a gem came up in my timehop from 7 years ago.  I remember exactly what was going on in my life when I said this:



Sometimes God gives you what you THINK you want so you can see why it is NOT what you really NEED.
People change so you learn to let go; things go wrong so you appreciate when they are right; good things fall apart so better things can fall together. 

My mom had passed 6 months prior to this and I was separated from my husband.  I had cried and begged God for this man.  We had been back and forth for YEARS.  Yet, I couldn't see God was trying to protect me.  When I finally married him, I promise you I was MISERABLE.  God gave me what I wanted so I could see it was not what I needed.   We were back and forth so much because we weren't compatible.  I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole because I thought I could change him.

The funny thing is he was the same person all along.  I just refused to see it.  He didn't change.  My perception did.  I no longer looked at him through rose colored glasses.  He is not a bad man, just not the right man for me. 

I love that this marriage taught me how I want to be treated and how I to treat my king.  I am grateful for the lesson and more importantly the Blessing from the lesson.   I am so happy with where I am in life now.

Better things are falling together....


Make it a great day.

No comments: