About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday Musings

Good morning, Bloggers.

Happy Monday!

Let me recap the weekend.  Hmmm Friday, I played my Wii for awhile then worked on my jigsaw puzzle while mulling over a glass of wine.  Yep just a low key night in...ahhh I loved it.  Being an empty nester is  weird.  I mean seriously, my identity for the last almost 30 years has been "Mom".  My weekends were usually spent shuttling someone to an event, and downtime was almost non-existent.  The funny thing is, because of all those years of always having to be "somewhere" or doing "something", I would rather not do ANYTHING when I have free time.

That's right...NO AGENDA.

Sounds funny coming from "MzNewAgenda".  But that is my new agenda, to not have one...to wing it...to be spontaneous.  

So Saturday, I spent time with my sister from another mother and her mom.  More wine...more laughs and yep it was spontaneous.  I got a call at noon "Hey I'll be out your way"  my response...cool I have wine and will whip up some appetizers. 
It was a great low key day.  Then Sunday, I went to church...got a great Word...came home to a low key evening working on my puzzle.   

No I didn't spend anytime with "him".  He works some weekends.  But you know, unlike the younger me who needed to fill all my time with someone in my space, the older me relishes alone time.   I have always told you that I am an introvert with extrovert moments. 

Make it a great day. 

No comments: