About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Issa Lifestyle

 What's up, Bloggers?

Healthy Choices

So back in the day, before my mom passed, I had a low carb high protein lifestyle.  I was always satisfied with a little amount of food because protein is satiating.  After mom died and the fiasco with the  now ex-husband, I was depressed. 

 I started drinking more high carb alcohol like wine and beer...and a lot of it. I also stopped working out as much.   Couple all of that with a chronic knee issue that was finally fixed in December 2019. As a result, over the last 10 years I have gained 50 pounds.  Uggh.  So I looked at myself in the mirror a few months ago and decided to do something about it.   I bought a treadmill and started a walking plan.  I catch up on my favorite shows while I walk.  

I have started feeling better.  I still hadn't stopped drinking though....until this week. Chele inspired me.  And I went back to Keto eating.  That's all a low-carb lifestyle is.  My dad was like "Don't put us on a diet, I don't need to lose weight". πŸ˜‚ The thing is, the main dishes (the meats) are very tasty and don't taste like a "diet".  Besides it's a lifestyle not a diet.  I still make carb sides, but I don't eat them, they do. I make healthy veggies and filling proteins and only eat about 1200 calories a day.  In addition I do a 12/12 fast.  So I eat anytime in a set 12 hour window and that is it...working my way to a 8 hour eating window.  Starting slow so I can stave off keto flu symptoms.  What is that?  Oh I am glad you asked πŸ˜‚

Symptoms of the keto flu and what I do to combat them:

Fatigue- feeling just plain exhausted.  I go to bed early.  This helps also stave off nausea

Headache - I would get these when I stopped drinking coffee, but my limited  food intake causes me to have TERRIBLE headaches when I first start.  So I eat frequent small meals.

Irritability - I already have a low tolerance for bullshyt so don't add hanger (hunger plus anger) pains 😜.  I kind of keep to myself the first few weeks and read/listen to music and blog. 

Difficulty focusing (“brain fog”) - I work with music in the background. 

Lack of motivation - I force myself to do the things I lack motivation to do, I feel accomplished when I finish.

Dizziness - Get up slow.  No sudden movements

Sugar cravings - I use those dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  A couple of those kills the craving

Nausea - Sip water all day and slow the transition 

Muscle cramps - I stave this off with pickle juice


Fortunately, this only lasts a few days to a couple of weeks.  So far I have lost a total of 11 pounds since the beginning of the year.  Could have been more if I would have just changed my entire lifestyle.  That's okay, Gonna hit my goal weight before December 2022. 


Thanks for reading.


MzNewy

Plan for tomorrow, but live in today.



1 comment:

chele said...

Congratulations on your progress! Keep it up!