About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Did you know....I had a crush on you?!??!?!

So I was on FB(as usual) and I got a friend request from someone I went to middle/early high school with a gazillion years ago.  We exchanged the usual "What have you been up to/cute kids/what do you do now/where are you living" pleasantries. 

Now there is something you have to understand about MzNewy : I was homely looking in middle and high school...
Umm yeah I was the nerdy studious chic  with the big glasses that sat in the front of the class.  So what tumbled out of his mouth next sent me into a fit of giggles.  He said I had a crush on you back in school.  I couldn't help it this was me at his revelation  ---->  For real....I know what I looked like back then.  I was a late bloomer.   I then asked him if he needed those coke-bottle glasses I used to wear.  But you know, he said some things that he remembered about me from waaaaaaaaaaaay back then that the only way he would have paid that much attention was if he WAS crushing me.   Wow...who knew.  That just goes to show you never know WHOSE type you are, even when you are homely looking.  Here is to 1986,  to a simple place in time when music was music and the shy kid in the back of the class had a crush on the nerd in the front. 

3 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Now that was sweet an i'm sure quite surprising! I was cracking up over the animation, so appropiate!

blkbutterfly said...

That's too cute! And I can relate to being a late bloomer. I didn't really come into my own until I got to college. Lord, Lord, Lord... when I think back on what I looked like in middle and high school, I can only shake my head.

Eyes On The Prize (eyesOTP) said...

Ah cute story. I'm sure it made you smile didn't it?

Yeah back in the 80s things were coming into shape, but I wasn't there AT ALL. I would get some random guy here or there that would speak or say hi. Then I would run home and write it in my diary..."Oh, Olumidae spoke to me!" "Or Melvin looked at me!" But I never felt that I was could compete with those popular chicks. In fact I saw Ms. Popular on The Game last week. I was like wow. Will high school ever go away?

I guess it goes to say that everybody is somebody's type. The hard part is that you hope y'all cross paths one day....