About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 2 Fears

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
1. I have a fear of snakes.  I became afraid of snakes while living overseas in Africa when a green mamba which is poisonous fell out of a coconut tree.  I was afraid of being bitten and dying.  And since I can't tell which snakes are poisnous, I am afraid  of all of them.


2. My second fear is of needles.  Because we lived overseas, we had to take ALOT of shots, some of which hurt alot.  I often have to have someone with me and have passed out when getting blood drawn.

3.  My third fear is a very real fear of relationship failure.  I fear failing and becoming destitute.  It seems irrational that I fear that ANY failure can lead to losing everything but it was born after seeing a very messy divorce that left someone destitute.  I equated failing at relationships with losing everything.  That is one reason why I didn't marry until I was already established. The downside is that this fear makes me somewhat emotionally unavailable.  I have a wall around me....and a fence around my heart that is on high alert...it activates when it senses betrayal, often not allowing me to be too vulnerable.  Which we all know, you must be vulnerable ot be in a real relationship.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: