About Me

My photo
Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wow...I forgot about this place

Hello, Old Friend.


This place used to be my safe haven.  I can't believe I haven't been here in 3 years. So much has happened since I was last here.  Hmmm where did I leave off...

Well let me start from late 2011 to now....

September 2011 I got married.  It was what I thought I wanted at the time. I married someone I had sated back in my 20s.  I was 41 at the time and it was my first marriage.

October 2011, My mom passed away...35 days after I got married. :(  My heart broke.  Earlier that year in May, we found out she had pancreatic cancer.  I tried to remain optimistic but after every chemo session she got sicker and sicker. I fell into a deep depression.

February 2012, I found out my husband was cheating.  Actually I knew before then but I confirmed it with pictures and other proof in February.  I was devastated.  When I confronted him, he left.  Yep just rolled out.  He would come by when I was at work but for the most part he dipped.  I was still grieving the loss of my mother and I poured my grief into a stage play that was well received in Atlanta.  The play debuted June 2nd, 2012.  You know there are certain events that happen that are frozen in time in your mind.  I have 2 such events:  The day my mom died and the day he came back like he hadn't been missing for 4 months.  Right....

Yep so I came home from rehearsal and he was in the bed like he had been coming home everyday for the past 4 months.  I tried to make it work.  I really did.  But see once I say I am done, I am done.  I spent the rest of February and March grieving the relationship.  I was over it by the time he came back but I spent the next year and a half pretending.  In September 2013, I began looking for another job...in another state.  Yep I was leaving Georgia...and him.  I got an offer in January and began my new job in February 2014 in DC.  I got all of my stuff May 2014 and settled into the DC metro.  I filed for divorce and have begun a new chapter in my life.   I love being in the DMV.


So what have you all been up to?

I missed y'all. 

Love
MzNewy



No comments: