- My mom - she was always a go-getter. Everyone wanted to be in her presence. She had a magnetic personality.
- Pastor LaMar - He helped me find a mature relationship with Christ.
- Pastor Demetra - She showed me that you can be strong and loving yet still be a woman and allow your husband to lead.
- Ava - She was/is a great friend. Her influence led me to the church where I eventually gave my life to Christ.
- My ex-husband - I learned that love doesn't hurt and his influence led me to always follow my gut instinct.
- My sons - They made me want to be a good example and I learned true unconditional love.
- Chantell Christopher - She taught me the art of storytelling through theatre. The importance of making it feel like life and not acting. I am forever grateful to her and value our friendship.
- My dad - He taught me that you need to be a multi-faceted person. My dad can go from the hood to the palace and never be out of place. He speaks multiple languages and yet is still down to earth.
- Love of my Life - He taught me that you don't have to always be right; sit back, listen and admitting that you are wrong doesn't make you a failure.
- Earl O. - He was the best manager I ever had. He even encouraged me after I left the company. He showed me that great managers lead by example, have empathy, knowledge and great character.
- Mother of 2, Child of God in DMV "They always ask me if I make it am I going to forget about them, but the question is, if I don't make it will they forget about me?" My spin : RealTalk When u are up everyone wants to hang on, but look for the ones that let you lean on when you are down. Remember...don't just look for me when I am up, support me when I'm down. ♥ In prosperity, your friends know you, in adversity, you know your friends. I asked God for strength, I got adversity. I asked God for wisdom, I was made a fool of. I asked for patience, I had a difficult relationship. I looked back, He gave me what I asked for. Adversity showed me I was stronger than I thought; being a fool opened my eyes to discernment making me wise; the difficult relationship showed me that patience is earned not given. Blessings come in many forms, not all of them recognizable.
Thursday, July 02, 2015
Day 9 Influence
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.